Job Description: Therapist
Division: Therapy Services
Location: 7140 Office Park Drive, West Chester, OH 45069
Job Status: Non-exempt, full time, permanent
Work Hours: Work schedule will be prepared on a regular basis.
Supervisor: Therapy Services Coordinator
Overview: Provides appropriate psychotherapy modalities to individuals, groups and families. Provides a safe and effective therapeutic environment for all clients in accordance with the philosophy and Mission of Positive Leaps.
- Provides appropriate mental health therapy modalities, and in-situ therapy services to families and children for Positive Leaps’ programs.
- Implements the Therapeutic Process of assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, implementation of the treatment plan, and on-going evaluation of the treatment plan to stabilize mental health symptoms, and to maximize client skill acquisition and sustained improvements in the functioning of the consumer.
- Implements a prescribed, research-based therapeutic model with fidelity to the model, in order to achieve excellent outcomes.
- Keeps timely and accurate documentation of provided therapy.
- Organizes work, and maintains records such that care is continuously authorized by third-party payers, and rendered in accordance with prevailing standards of care.
- Performs administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Provides case management services.
- Provides crisis intervention services during or after regular business hours if the need arises.
- Communicates and collaborates with peers, colleagues, supervisors, consumers (children and adults), visitors and stakeholders such that high levels of satisfaction are achieved.
- Creates an environment of enthusiasm and commitment.
- Demonstrates ethical conduct, in keeping with professional standards set by licensee’s professional board.
- Models professional behavior and demeanor, dress, and work space organization.
- Participates in quality assurance activities, including record reviews.
- Completes assigned tasks within assigned work hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree or Doctorate degree in psychology, counseling, clinical social work or other related field.
- Must possess mental health credentials and licensure required by the state of Ohio.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in physically active environment, run, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings, where required.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks within assigned work hours.
Exposures and Risks:
- Potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
- Works directly with physically aggressive children
- Exposed to loud noise, such as repeated and prolonged screaming and crying
- Expected to be able to run, work easily in a physically active environment and lift up to 50 pounds
- Fast paced, stressful environment
If downloading the application, please submit:
- Completed and signed Employment Application
- Your resume or vitae
- A list of three professional references with email and telephone contact information
Submit the above documents to:
900 West Chester Road Suite C
West Chester, OH 45069
Or: Fax to 513-777-0017
Or: email to email@example.com