Job Description: Child Behavior Aide
Division: Day Treatment Program
Job Status: Non-exempt, Fulltime
Work Hours: Work Schedule will be prepared on a regular basis
Supervisor: Child Behavior Specialist, Assistant Program Coordinator, Program Coordinator
Department Head: Program Coordinator
Overview: Provides a safe and effective therapeutic environment for children in accordance with the philosophy and Mission of Positive Leaps.
- Provides a safe, structured therapeutic environment.
- Interact with children in a professional, positive manner.
- Implements Positive Leaps model of care, maintaining identified competencies at all times.
- Adheres to all Positive Leaps Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Is responsible for implementing the child’s individual plan of care, according to defined protocol.
- Communicates effectively with parents, peers, supervisors and visitors, and maintains confidentiality of children and families in treatment.
- Creates an atmosphere of enthusiasm and commitment.
- Creates, updates and maintains documentation according to defined standards.
- Provides psycho-educational group therapy, according to defined standards.
- Designs authentic learning activities for children
- Maintains a clean, organized, safe and attractive therapy area (“Classroom” and surrounding environment)
- Acts in accordance with State of Ohio Child Care Rules
- Conducts personal and professional business with ethical, legal and moral integrity at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in psychology, social work, sociology, family studies, early childhood education or a related field.
- Must be at least nineteen years of age of older.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a very active environment, lift up to 50 pounds, transport aggressive children alone, and run to secure an eloping child.
- Ability to pass a rigorous background check.
Exposures and Risks:
- Potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
- Works directly with physically aggressive children
- Exposed to loud noise, such as repeated and prolonged screaming and crying
- Expected to be able to run, work easily in a physically active environment and lift up to 50 pounds
- Fast paced, stressful environment
If downloading the application, please submit:
- Completed and signed Employment Application
- Your resume or vitae
- A list of three professional references with email and telephone contact information
Submit the above documents to:
900 West Chester Road Suite C
West Chester, OH 45069
Or: Fax to 513-777-0017
Or: email to firstname.lastname@example.org